Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Visitation


I thought Jesus was crazy when He told me to go to Jerusalem alone for a month back in 2006. I said, "Jesus, I have no idea where anything is there -how can I do this alone?"

He answered me, "I know the city very well; I'll show you around; You are not alone."

I couldn't argue.

What Jesus had planned that month was incredible. He DID show me around Jerusalem -actually, He showed me around all of Israel. I stayed with French sisters in a cheap hostel in Gethsemane. There was a huge group of Tahitians who came and some of their group got sick and were hospitalized. I didn't speak Tahitian and my French was weak (to say the least) but they started bringing donated food to my room and then offered to take me with them (all paid) to tour the North of Nazareth, Carmel, Sea of Galilee, etc.,



Another day I met up with an old Focolare friend who had Russian friends and the four of us traveled to Ain Karim (the city where Elizabeth was when Mary went to visit/help her.) And this brings me to the point of this post.


An awesome coffee/ice cream shop!



Here are some more pictures of my visit to this little village:

The well Mary (Our Lady) got water from during her stay...


The hillcountry she ran through...




So happy Feast of the Visitation! Growing up I asked when my Feast Day was and I was told I didn't have one -I had every Marian Feast Day. This actually made me sad because I felt like I didn't have a special day -so I chose today as my Feast Day because my name is Mary Elizabeth. It is also the Feast Day of the Bishop (Mazur) who was first with me in Siberia (before he got kicked out by the government) and so it deeply connects me to my mission life there (and my hope for our Lady's Heart to Triumph).

It was incredible when I arrived in Ain Karim because I walked into a chapel and saw pictures of a Bishop I had just met in France (who ordained priest friends of mine). Bishop Rey had been kind to me encouraging me in my vocation and it made me smile when I found his presence hidden in a little random chapel in the Holy Land. He had asked me what religious community I belonged to. When I told him I was a 'freelance contemplative' he responded, 'Well, when you found a community, I want you in my Diocese!' What a kind (and prophetic) soul... someday I'll found.

So I hope you can enjoy some pictures of the original place of Mary's Visitation. I pray we all can imitate the spirit of Our Mother that was so powerful here. And may we always keep a 'Magnificat' in the midst of our Calvariezed life... that's an incredible teaching I will share with you all some day. For now, just a happy Visitation Feast Day song...

The Visitation
Hurry, hurry, Mother Mary
Run with your Baby
To share His peace
Hurry, hurry, Mother Mary
Fly in His Spirit
Carrying His Love

The angel said, “You must make haste.
Go to Elizabeth, rejoice.”
The angel said, “You must believe.
For all things are possible for God.”

Do not fear, Mary. Do not weep, Mary.
Rejoice in the Lord, Mary,
For from you, our Savior’s come.
Treasure Him within, Mary
As you travel through the hill country.
Go to your kinswoman
Bringing His Love

Elizabeth said, “Blessed are you
And blessed is the child within your womb.”
Elizabeth said, “At the sound of your voice
The infant in my womb leapt for joy.”

Who am I, Mary,
That you should come to me, Mary?
For blessed are you who
believed the word of God.

For Mary said, “Behold I am
The handmaiden of the Lord.”
For Mary said, “Let it be done
In my life as You will, O Lord.”

Listen to the Spirit, Mary
Praying in your heart, Mary
Crying out in fiat, Mary
And surrender to His will
Blessed are you, Mary
And blessed is your Son, Mary
Pray within my heart, Mary
Your hymn of Love,

“My soul proclaims, the greatness of the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For the mighty One has done great things for me
And holy is His name.”

Hurry, hurry, Mother Mary
Run with your Baby
Proclaiming His peace…





No comments: