Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Jesus Has Wounds!!!


I scream this at satan all the time when he tries to throw a false light on me (right along with a lot of holy water). God wants people to be happy, but 'My Jesus Has Wounds!' This always scares the bad guy away. How can I ignore the battlewounds of my Beloved?

I remember once talking with Kimberly Hahn when we met her either at Notre Dame or in Steubenville. She was talking about her body changing after having babies and not being 'as beautiful' as the day of her wedding. Her husband told her that he preferred her the way she was after having so many children and that he hoped that in heaven her body would still have all of her 'battlewounds of giving birth.' They were a sign to him that she loved him enough to bear his children.

Makes me wonder about our spiritual battlewounds from giving birth to virtue and love and spiritual children in the world. I'm not sure I want all of these interior wounds... but it is true that after the Resurrection, Jesus did still have a few wounds left -glorified... They were painful places turned to rich jewels and gems. That's what makes me cry with joy (in a bragging sort of way):
'My Jesus Has Wounds!!' :)



Even on earth, a certain light came from Jesus' wounds on the Cross and His very Blood actually converted Longinus (the soldier) as well as others at the moment of Calvary. Light comes from wounds, sometimes... Catherine Doherty says something similar to my heartbeat that says:
'Our bloody footprints should give a path of light to those who follow behind us...' 
In 'Urodivoi' (her book, Holy Fools,) she says:

"...We are called to follow the footprints of Christ. Such pilgrims are easily seen because they leave bloody footprints along the way... and there is light coming from these bloody footprints..."



Remember hearing the story of Johnny (my adopted little brother for those of you who don't know him) in Medjugore struggling to climb Mt. Krisivic (he wasn't in the best of shape)? As he suddenly had strength to fly up the hill one day the old ladies with him said they saw light coming from his feet... a blind woman actually made it up the hill following his feet... she called my huge black brother 'twinkle toes...' -so funny...

"Who, me?"


"Yes, Johnny... you..." :)


Sometimes God uses instruments we don't expect.

The other day I gave a box of old holy cards I had to a few of my little guys to choose from -funny was that immediately my 6 year-old nephew grabbed my bloody Jesus... really bloody... his Mom said, 'Why don't you find something else, happier?' I get that... most people can't stomach my devotion to Jesus' wounds. Without hearing her his 4-year-old brother threw his hand in the box and grabbed the same one saying, 'This is the best!' So funny how God impresses love on our hearts for His Own reasons. These kids were so excited about these. We agreed to let both of them take one home, but I reminded them that 'Jesus looks like this so that we don't ever have to look like this. Remember that He did this so that we can be happy.'


By HIS wounds we are healed. 

I remember a saint once said that satan can appear as a false light Jesus (and has to many), but he can never appear as a Jesus with wounds... so if someone has a vision, ask the vision to say the name of Jesus and show you his wounds.


"Exhausted You sought me;
Crucified You saved me;
May Your wounds not be in vain."
-Thomas of Celano (Servant of God)


No comments: