Saturday, May 22, 2021

Children of the Cross -in Pakistan

  The 'Children of the Cross' Prayer Groups are really spreading quickly in Pakistan to pray for priests and persecuted Christians. We still need $1050 to print copies of my book, 'In Our Lady's Shadow: the Spirituality of Praying for Priests' so that we can give them to the priests and catechists and adults leading these groups. We also need almost $600 for a similar work in Nigeria. Please pray for people to be generous. Please read these testimonies and see the comments for the Gofundme link.

If you would like to be part of a Children of the Cross group to pray for these intentions please contact me. Those who live near me are invited to come pray with me the first Friday of the month at 3:30. Others are welcome to start a little group with their own children or children of your neighborhood. Please see this link or contact me for more information:
And please pray for my translator Aqif, who does all of this for free simply to spread the Gospel! He sent me the following letter. Be sure to read the captions of the pictures:
"Greetings of the Lord and Our lady be with you!
I am very happy to share with you that we had a small thanksgiving prayer for these two books. We prayed for all those who have helped us through their prayer and of course funds. We had a special prayer for Dr. Sebastian who is always there to encourage us and available for our persecuted Christians in our country.
We had a special prayer for Mary Kloska, whose books have really given our people hope, love, understanding, dignity, peace and a source to know Jesus.
I have shared a few pictures with some writing about our Children of the Cross.
I have a plan through these groups I will engage with women groups, youth groups and other elders of the community. And then I will use these two books to quench their spiritual thirst and to provide them some peace, hope and love.
Priests in my place always thought that they are the one who can pray for others. But when I shared with priests about the idea that we have groups that will pray for them, they really appreciated it. Few of them were humble to acknowledge that they need people to pray for them.
I would like to share that in my place there is a gap between lay people and priests. So when I talked to the priests, they said that it’s our prayer that the book “In our Lady’s Shadow” will make connections with people and priests.
We also prayed in our groups that God may provide us to print this book. We need (money) to begin the printing. (The total is $1050.)
Our people are everyday suffering and going through emotional and physical pain. Many times they have nothing to eat. Children have no idea about God and why they should pray. They know nothing about Jesus. Most of them do not know about Mother Mary. These books are becoming the source to know why they should pray, gradually they are knowing who is God, who is Jesus.
Thank you for your books, for your wisdom, thanks God who is using your books in my country.
Blessings!"





No comments: