Friday, June 9, 2017

originally: THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2007


A Funny Conversation

And a deep thought on death...
 
 
 

Bobby: "Hey Mary, now that I have your stem cells, I hope you die in your next mission as a martyr."

Mary: "Why thank you, Bobby. May I ask why you say such a thing?"

Bobby: "Because if you are killed for the faith, then I'll be a walking first class relic."

Now, don't you all wish that you had a brother that loved you this much??

Seriously, I always said I would love to die as Jesus did -for truth in Fiat. But which way would be the best one to go??? Fire? Stones? Starvation? A Cross? I always wanted to just die of Love... but I guess God's plan is best and it is an interesting thought to ponder... What death has God planned for each of us from the moment of conception? hmmmmm.....

Maybe my most favorite martyrs are the Claretian Martyrs of Barbastro. Click on the headline to see an short description and illustration of their holy deaths.

If martyrdom is truly in my future now (since Bobby desires to be a relic and God seems to always listen to him), I ask for the prayers of my 51 holy brothers of Barbastro. These young men were WAY cool and they are close to my heart.

(I left Jeff's comment on the bottom because it was so loving I still read it sometimes -although many have wished me dead, there are still people who want me alive! :) )

7 Comments:

At Friday, August 31, 2007Anonymous Jeff said...
Jeff: Mary, I hope you don't die for a very long time!!!!

Mary: Why thank you Jeff, I don't want to die anytime soon.

Jeff: Nobobdy wants you to....so don't.
At Friday, August 31, 2007Anonymous Anonymous said...
White martyrdom is beautiful too! :)

No comments: