Monday, August 23, 2021

God plants where He wills and uproots where He wills.

 God plants where He wills and uproots where He wills.

God is always teaching me through nature. Here's another lesson I learned yesterday while watering my plants on my balcony.
This little pink flower on the left starting growing from the roots of my hibiscus tree. Now, when you have a bunch of plants close together, cross pollination happens -a few of my cacti randomly have spring flowers growing out of them. But what amazed me with this was first that it happened even though I have rocks at the base of this tree to keep the dirt grounded. And secondly, because this little pink flower was transported from the plant (that you can barely see) way over on the bottom right corner of this next picture. It wasn't a neighboring pot where it chose to grow -it was in the pot of the hibiscus tree on the opposite side of the balcony.
What amazes me with this is its symbolism for my missionary life. That's exactly what God has done with the little I have given Him this side of eternity -He's taken it and replanted the seeds of grace on the total opposite side of the world in a pile of rocks (in places where flowers don't usually take root -in desert lands where Islam dominates and Christians are poor, hidden and persecuted). And yet, He's forming perfect little flowers (through the souls we have been able to touch) and He's bringing forth life just because we were docile and said 'yes' to His plan.
If you feel like your life is not bearing fruit for the Lord, you might need to look further... it might not be your neighbors or friends who are being touched by His grace through you as much as those who you don't necessarily see right now. I had no idea that this flower had been planted and although I water these plants daily I never noticed anything growing in these rocks -but suddenly this morning, there was a big pink flower shining in the sun.
God plants where He wills and He uproots where He wills... and we just need to surrender to whatever it is He thinks is best.






No comments: