Sunday, August 8, 2021

Episode 71: Mary Kloska Speaks About Slaves Who Became Saints

 "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave. He that is evil is a slave, although he is a king." -St. Augustine

"If I was to meet those slave raiders that abducted me and those who tortured me, I'd kneel down to them to kiss their hands, because, if it had not have been for them, I would not have become a Christian and religious woman." -St. Josephine Bakhita
Here's my podcast this week -please listen, like, and share...
Title: Episode 71: Mary Kloska Speaks About Slaves Who Became Saints
Description: In this episode, Mary reflects on the lives of several slaves who, through pursuing virtue even in their excruciating circumstances, achieved high levels of sanctity. One of the works of Mercy is to 'ransom the captive' or 'visit the imprisoned' -and Jesus Himself blesses those who do this saying in the Gospel of Matthew 'I was imprisoned and you visited me... for whatsoever you do to the least of my little ones you do unto me.' There is no greater way to live out this act of mercy than to imitate Jesus' powerful example of becoming a slave Himself in order to visit us and free us from the prison of sin and death and earthly bonds. Several of the saints spoken of in this podcast willingly took on hardships in order to free (or at least help) fellow men and women suffering cruel slavery. When one who is so greatly tortured finds the grace of God to still love heroically (often showing that love to the very people who harm them) we are inspired to imitate them and seek out the way of love no matter what circumstances life deals out to us.
Audio:
and
Podchaser
Podcast addict
Spotify
Deezer
Spreaker
Castbox
Google podcasts
Iheart radio
Jiosaavn
Video:


No comments: