Friday, April 14, 2017

Comfort Me by Letting Me Redeem You

Comfort Me by Letting Me Redeem You
ByMary KloskaonMarch 29, 2013
It is Friday.
All is pitch black darkness. Only a small light comes from bloody footprints on the ground.
The stench of rotting sulfur – one that always accompanies Satan – fills the ice cold air. The wind rips and rain pelts like razor blades.
Vulgarities pierce one’s ears.

And you climb alone.


You are exhausted – consumed by the nausea of evil – hemmed in by fear, by shock at the scandalous profanation of One so holy, by panic, by confusion, by dread and by the fierce battle to believe, to hope, to love and to forgive in the midst of such perfidy and hate. Your heart is buckling in weakness, as you fight against a great repugnance in your will to surrender to this will of the Redeemer and his Father in Heaven.

Heaven is silent. Where is His Beloved Father in all this? What is He allowing? It is as if He turned His back in total indifference and rejection.

And then you see Jesus.

He is hanging like a carcass – shredded flesh from head to toe – naked – blood gently raining everywhere as His body sways, hanging forward from the Cross.

And you see His Mother – a burning bush consumed by His pain – so sensitive, so innocent, so surrendered in their union of martyrdom. She drinks His gift of suffering to the depths of Her immaculate soul – and answers it with a fiat in Her Own flesh and will.


You freeze and simply cannot breathe.
The scales fall from your heart. You see His Crucified Love in all its Reality.
This is the price of your redemption.

Your mind is filled with a tornado of thoughts, “What have I done? My indifference, my jealousy, my pride, my greed and selfishness, my vanity, my lust, my gluttony, my unforgiveness… What have I done, Lord!?”

The freezing cold voice of Satan surrounds you, trying to push you to despair.
And then you feel a gentle hand lift you from the ground and draw you forward. It is the merciful gaze of your Mother. Her eyes have not turned from a penetrating union with Jesus’ Heart –and yet Her glance reaches out to you to help you stand beneath the Cross and listen. 

Jesus speaks –each word burning your heart with His Fire of Redeeming Love. He says:
“Come to Me, child. Do not let My sacrifice be in vain. Comfort Me by letting Me redeem you. I thirst for your presence. I thirst for your love. I thirst for you to open your heart to receive Me. Come stand within the shadow of My Love –pouring as light to those beneath My Cross in the darkness. Come in! Come into My Heart, torn open on this Cross for Love of you. Come in and drink of My merciful Love! My Mother will lift you up to Me – and together we will teach you how to drink from the fountain of your salvation. Give Me your fears – give Me your wounds – give Me your pain – give Me your sins – soak them in the abyss of My Infinite Love flowing from My wounded side and I will make all things new. I forgive you. I do not condemn you. I have come to save. But you must draw close to Me in humility. You must admit your need for a Savior and trust Me. You comfort Me by letting Me redeem you – by letting Me see your ugliness and by allowing Me to touch it with My wounded Hand. I will heal you. Allow Me to bathe, purify and fill you with the fire of My Love. Stay here at this altar of My Love for the rest of your life –for I am with you always until the end of the world. I wait for you daily at My Eucharistic Calvary of the Mass. Come to Me – place your life, your faults, your needs, your fears, your wounds, and your prayers within the furnace of My Crucified, Eucharistic Heart each day. In this way I can consume you, I can transform you and I can give you rest…”



No comments: