Saturday, February 6, 2021

What's on my mind? My BOOKS and PAKISTAN

 

What's on my mind?

My BOOKS and PAKISTAN.

First, if you haven't gotten a copy of "Holiness of Womanhood" and "Out of the Darkness" please see Amazon and do... (I will put the link in the comments) -either or both would be awesome Lenten material for you. I am blown away by the response of the poor and foreigners to these books, and yet so disappointed in the wealthy, the Americans or 'friends' who are not interested here... since that is why I originally wrote the books. But I am reminded so clearly of Matthew 22:1-14. I guess I am just like the Father in all of this... but somehow I would rather not be. :)

"Jesus again in reply spoke to them in parables, saying,

“The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come. A second time he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those invited: “Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast.”’ Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. The king was enraged ...Then he said to his servants, ‘The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come. Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.’ The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests... Many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Although the English sales of my book are way below what any of us expected, sales are exploding in Urdu in Pakistan. In a few short weeks 700 copies have been sold and the remaining 300 will be picked up from the printer this week and distributed. My translator wrote to me:

"I have sold books in different areas of Lahore. There are really many women and men even who have a thirst to read this book but they have no money to buy. I also wish to print “Out of Darkness” in Urdu because these days’ Christians are really suffering in Pakistan. Even three days before a woman named Tabita (a gospel singer) she was the victim of blasphemy. Everyone knows she is innocent. But people really beat her badly in the hospital while she was on her duty. She is a nurse by profession. I really do not know what could be done for these innocent women but at least books like Out of Darkness and Holiness of womanhood can give them hope. These books (especially new one) will tell them that Jesus has suffered for our suffering. And he is very much present in our daily suffering. Everyday Christina women and men are suffering in this country.

I have really left everything on God, he will guide but need your continued prayers.

I have attached a few pictures of the promotion of Holiness of Womanhood. In every picture I am in groups or with individuals to promote this book. And here I must say that women in my place do not feel easy being pictured. So sometimes I find it tough to take pictures. So I have to respect their will. That is why I do not have so many pictures. I am sure you will understand this gap..."

I have included his new pictures below. Imagine a gentle tilling of the hearts of Pakistan dried up from lack of love, lack of truth, centuries of abuse... its really beautiful to witness this tidal wave. 700 books have been sold or given away, but they are read to groups of illiterate women at times -as big as hundred at a time -so really this book has probably reached 20,000 people. That's incredible.

Because of the great poverty in Pakistan the books have been distributed basically at cost or for free. WE NEED MONEY for more printing, as well as to print my new book 'Out of the Darkness' which is ready for printing in Urdu.

In LENT, we practice prayer, penance and ALMSGIVING. I ask you to please prayerfully consider donating to our Gofundme in order to provide copies of these books for persecuted Christians. 300 books should be available in Northern Nigeria in the next few weeks. Your gift goes very far in these countries.

And please BUY A COPY OF THESE BOOKS FOR YOURSELVES AND FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Please, spread the word about them.

Start by sharing this post.

Start by buying 4 books -2 for yourself and 2 to give away.

Start by saying a prayer...

Yes, please, PRAY FOR THE FRUTIFULNESS of this mission: here in the US, in the Middle East and North Africa, in Poland, Russia and among the Hispanics (as we have Spanish available.) Hearts are dried up and cold, but our prayer can open them and these words can set them on fire.

Also, please consider becoming a monthly Patreon donor to my ministry. This also allows for me to provide my materials for free. I wake up at 3:40am... I simply cannot get a second job on top of my already grueling schedule, so many missionary works in so many countries and languages, and still trying to live a semblance of the hermity contemplative life I am actually called to...
















Thank you!!!

Come Holy Spirit.

No comments: