Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Episode 19: Mary Kloska on the Russian Spirituality of Poustinik (Hermit), Strannik (Pilgrim), Uridivoy (Holy Fool) and Staretz (Wise Elder)



One of my very best!! ๐Ÿ˜‡ Just because I recorded it in my hermitage. ๐Ÿก
My podcast this week is on the RUSSIAN SPIRITUALITY of the Poustinik (HERMIT), Strannik (PILGRIM), Urodivoy (HOLY FOOL) and Staretz (WISE ELDER.)
Please LISTEN and SHARE!!
In this episode, I explain the Eastern Church's notion of living as a hermit, a pilgrim, a holy fool and a wise elder. Drawing deeply from Russian spirituality specifically, I explain what it means in one's heart to withdraw from the world as a hermit, to travel the earth as a pilgrim, to make up in reparation for Christ's foolishness of the Cross and to be filled with the wisdom of God as a spiritual elder/guide for others, regardless of one's age. Hopefully, I inspire people to take each of these four ideas and to find them in one's noraml, daily life as a Christian.
#poustinia #hermit #russianhermit #strannik #pilgrim #godspilgrim #wayofthecrucified
#urodivoy #holyfools #saints #russianspirituality #staretz #wiseones #elders #wisdomofgod
Audio podcasts:
And IHeartRadio
Spotify -search it because the link won’t work
Video:  

No comments: