Wednesday, March 2, 2022

ASH WEDNESDAY IN THE PERSECUTED CHURCH

ASH WEDNESDAY IN THE PERSECUTED CHURCH -A note from our prayer groups 'Children of the Cross' in Pakistan. In St. Pope John Paull II's Letter to Children he wrote that he entrusted the world's most difficult problems to the prayers of children -especially that of world peace. These children (whose lives are threatened themselves because of their Christian identity) spent today praying and fasting for the conversion of Russia and peace in the Ukraine. If only more adults would follow their lead!

Both the Catholics in Pakistan and those hiding in Afghanistan used reflections from my book 'Out of the Darkness' about the Interior Suffering of Christ for their Ash Wednesday services/meditations. If you haven't gotten your own copy of this -do it now! It will draw you so deep into the Heart of Jesus. See the here for a link.
"Greetings
“Children of the Cross” had a very reflective and blessed Ash Wednesday today. This is surprising for me that all the teachers and small children fasted today especially for the conversion of Russian and peace in Ukraine. You will be happy and surprised to know that many people here ask me that they have a desire to go to Russia and say a Rosary there.
They had prepared charts and few children wrote prayer intentions on the pages.
I am going to share with these teachers and children the insightful stories and living experiences that you have written in “ A Heart Frozen in the Wilderness”. I am sure this will make them happy and motivate them to do more prayers.
I attended this prayer in a group near my home.
Teachers helped all the groups and had a reflection from “Out of the Darkness”.
Every year people go to churches on Ash Wednesday, but this year many teachers, parents and children acknowledge that now with this book “Out of the Darkness” they had a clear direction. I am using this book throughout the lent season to go into the depth of Jesus’ passion.
This ministry will be conducting many talks and workshops and we will be using this book.
I have also planned to continue “Holiness of Womanhood” with women and men.
This ministry is growing in my country and changing the lives of many.
...I am very happy that I got an email from Afghanistan... They used your book “Out of the Darkness” today for Ash Wednesday..."










No comments: