Wednesday, January 6, 2021

HELP THE PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA!!

 









HELP THE PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA!!

Many of you saw my prayer request this week for Bishop Moses who was kidnapped in Eastern Nigeria. Usually the persecution of Christians is in the North, and the Church is rather safe in the South/East. But not anymore.
This following news article was passed on to me earlier this week -on the same day, actually, as a request from a Vincentian seminarian in Nigeria to please help him somehow get copies of my book, 'The Holiness of Womanhood' spread throughout the Muslim North where he lives (and all of Nigeria, actually). I had mailed him a copy a couple of months ago and he shared it with his fellow seminarians and they are on fire to get this message of the dignity and vocation of women to all the African people. He said that a couple of days ago he was in a store and a Muslim man walked in bragging that he had beaten one of his wives to a pulp. This courageous seminarian (not revealing who he was) actually approached this man (a Muslim, mind you, similar to those below who are killing Christians) and spent a few hours explaining to him about the dignity of women and his duty as a man to protect them, based in what he read in my book.
The Holy Spirit has set this man so on fire about the Church's teaching that he found in the book that he has sought out Nigerian printers to help print the book there for much cheaper than we can here and then ship them. I ask for your prayers for this project.
His plan (with his brother seminarians and priests) is to take this message one man and woman at a time to the hearts of those they work and live among (regardless of religion). Yet, like in Pakistan, we need your help.
I do not have the details of this project yet as they are still forming, but I do know that I need donors to help fund the initial printing. Our desire is to get as many books as possible into the hands and hearts of the Africans -especially in Nigeria where the persecution of the Church is so great. I have similar requests from priests working with young girls in Zanzibar (a country that is almost totally Muslim). These men risk their lives to do this -all we ask of you is to prayerfully consider donating the price of a cup of coffee to make books available to the poorest women and those who care for them. Eventually the hope would be to have some given away even for free in Nigeria (if I can come up with enough money.) And we will need to provide them for free to the young girls in the Christian school in Zanzibar.
For now, please consider helping the priests and seminarians of Nigeria with this project. Although I am still in debt from what I provided for Pakistan, I will allocate ALL donations DURING THE MONTH OF JANUARY (unless you otherwise specify to me) given to my GoFundMe page for books for persecuted Christians to this project in Nigeria. JANUARY 13TH IS MY BIRTHDAY! Please, donate to this fund so we can save the bodies, minds and souls of women (often abused) in this great African country who provides most of our missionary priests in the US.

No comments: