Sunday, March 15, 2020

Radio Interviews on My Upcoming Books


Several people have asked me to post here the links to my radio shows about the three books of mine that will be published in the near future. So, here they are!! 

The first of my three books to be published is called ‘The Holiness of Womanhood.’

Mary Kloska's Interview about The Holiness of Womanhood

The second book I will be publishing has to do with my experiences as a missionary in Russia- both as a high schooler in Moscow, as well as the couple of years that I spent in Siberia after graduating from Notre Dame. While my book on womanhood is more of a retreat for women (although I have been told by men that it was interesting and helpful to them, too), this book about my missionary life would be interesting to all people, even older youth. I’m sure there are things about Aunt Mary that my nieces and nephews would never guess. This radio interview is a great ‘taste’ of what the book will be about. Please listen to it and pass it on to anyone who you think might be interested:

Mary Kloska about "A Heart Frozen in the Wilderness"

The third book that I will be publishing is called 'Out of the Darkness' and it has to do with the interior life of Jesus on the Cross. When we suffer the goal is to unite that suffering to Jesus and to suffer with Him. Suffering used as a prayer, offered up in love, with love, for love is more powerful than even the highest forms of prayer like ecstasy. St. Francis of Assisi once said that 'that greatest gift of the Holy Spirit is union with Jesus Crucified.' We all have suffering -how can we be like Christ and His Mother in it? I wrote this book during the three months I spent alone in a little city in Siberia. My apartment was the only place that the Eucharist was present for a stretch of 1000 km and Jesus profoundly touched my heart during this time.
Rhonda Chervin was the interviewer during these radio shows. She had been encouraging me for years to get my books published. I had met her during my time with SOLT before I went to Russia in 2001 and again I was able to live with her during one of my many 3-month stays as a hermit in Texas. After reading this book she said that it changed her life, and that wasn't easy to do to a 86-year-old! She said, 'I know you, but after reading this I want to jump into a plane and fly to Chicago to meet you again! I am carrying this book around with me to keep meditating on it!' This particular radio program can stand alone -it is mostly my reading excerpts from the book and Rhonda commenting on them. I hope and pray that you listen, enjoy and that the Holy Spirit is able to change you in one little, positive way through what I said and wrote.

Mary Kloska about "Out of the Darkness"


No comments: