Sunday, March 15, 2020

Let us not forget Who it is that we receive in the Eucharist at Mass every week.
He is the Great Protector, the Divine Healer...
Who is All-Powerful, All-Loving, All-Generous...

I have worked for years with people who risked death in order to attend Mass.
These are the great saints of our times.
I hope that we would pray for the grace to imitate them.

I pray that in the following weeks, everyone grows in their understanding of Who Jesus is that we receive in the Eucharist and so that we love Him more than anything or anyone else in the world.

Matthew 10:37-39: “Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

In the concentration camps, people would refuse their small ration of food and endure hard labor and risk immediate death just to receive this Sweet Bread of Life.

In Russia they would meet in the cover of the night, hidden in homes, risking immediate arrest if one person was found out -just to receive this Sweet Bread of Life.

In China, they would walk for miles in the cold, in the dark, to secret Masses deep in the forest risking immediate arrest and most likely death just to receive this Sweet Bread of Life.

In Africa today people risk being slaughtered by enemies simply because they choose to go to Mass and receive this Sweet Bread of Life.

I hope and pray that people are using this opportunity of limited Masses to teach their children how much the Eucharist should truly mean to us.

Poland INCREASED the number of Masses offered to the faithful -and I am so, so grateful that my parish has done the same.

No comments: