Thursday, July 30, 2020

A Mustard Seed

Today I planted a mustard seed.
Both figuratively and literally. See, I had this little bottle of mustard seeds that I got in Israel and I wondered if it would grow if I planted one. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a mustard tree from Israel? We’ll see...

Today I also planted a figurative mustard seed. Finally, the Library of Congress got back to my publisher after a delay and my book is officially published and printing. It is so small compared to the great works that so many others do in this world. But it's also a powerful little thing -jam-packed full of a lifetime of wisdom gleaned from the Saints and many other Holy people who have gone before me. Let’s see if such a little, unknown seed can grow into a big tree for Jesus where His birds can find rest.

Mustard seeds give me hope. Those of you who actually know me personally know how much I love the virtue of littleness. It was part of my name as a hermit – the little one – and it's something I've talked about extensively in my podcasts. But more than anything, I have tried to live the virtue of littleness all of these years. Both as an obscure missionary as well as a hermit, I always found great hope in knowing that my life of littleness would bear great fruit if it was tucked inside of the fiery furnace of the Heart of Jesus’ love. His Will and Love can bear great fruit in my nothingness- isn’t that amazing? And so this book which I wrote for Our Lady and with Out Lady under Her shadow and Her inspiration I hope bears fruit for Her because of Jesus’ grace and that it forms an abundance of holy souls like flowers to give glory to God in heaven.

My podcasts are the same way. There are no big numbers of people listening to them. Instead they are little seeds hidden in the hearts of the few people who God leads to listen to them. Yet in this littleness God can do great things.

Our lives are like these flowers I found on my walk tonight as well. Wrapped up in a hidden ball, there's all sorts of potential. And it's only under the lamp of God's love and the nutrients He gives us that we're able to bloom into something awesome to glorify Him. It’s in His time and in His way that we open.

I pray that He can do miracles with my mustard seeds today.
#mustardseed #fiat #godsflower #faith #littleness

My book is here:
https://enroutebooksandmedia.com/holinessofwomanhood/







No comments: